National Junior Honor Society
Renaissance is proud to have a chapter of the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS). In 2023, we are welcoming our inaugural group of NJHS inductees!
What is the National Junior Honor Society?
NJHS is an organization for students in grades 6th-9th and is dedicated to the following principles:
* Scholarship - students must have earned, on average, scores equivalent to Bs or better, throughout their time in middle school.
* Service - This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
* Leadership - Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
* Character - The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and maintains a clean disciplinary record.
At Renaissance, membership in NJHS requires the following:
* Scholarship: earning a 3 average in all classes. Because of our standards-based middle school grading system, this is NOT a GPA on a 4.0 scale. It is more like an "A" average.
* Service: Participating in a minimum of one individual and one group service project each academic year. This requirement becomes effective after induction. Students are encouraged to start and engage in meaningful extracurricular service projects of their own making.
* Character: Maintaining model disciplinary behavior (must not have expulsions, suspensions or multiple behavior incidents on record).
*Leadership: Commitment to betterment of the community through involvement in projects and/or positions of leadership in the organization that work to inspire others and improve the school, surrounding community, and /or society as a whole.
Learn more about the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS): https://www.njhs.us/